Saturday, November 22, 2008

Ji-li's father trial questions

Trial of Chairman Mao: Witness Question Sheet
Directions: You as a witness are to write four questions and answers in the perspective of your character using the book as a reference. You should find passages from the novel in support of Chairman Mao OR evidence against him depending the side of the case you are representing. Remember to USE page numbers and POST these questions on your blog. Lawyers, use this document to create cross-examination questions. Two per character should be sufficient.

Character:Ji-Li's father Student Name:Tristin Sanderson

1. Question:how do you feel being held against your will at work ?

Answer: I felt really Bad I did not really understand why they thought I was a rightist
After my father died and gave up the land I should have been normal not a land owner. So I don't understand why they are rude to me because of my past.

2. Question: why were you sent to punishment and kept there?

Answer: I was sent because my father is considered a rightist and a land lord, and after he died when I was 7 the land was mine after that so then I was a rightist till' I sold the land. in effect I lost money and I had to get a job, we also had to move into a smaller house(top of pg.15) but at least I wasn't against Mao. But then the Red Guards came and took me just because of my past. I couldn't believe I was taken because of that.


3. Question: why didn't you let Ji-Li become a red successor?

Answer: I thought that she might do wrong thing or hurt people with money like the rightist. And i didn't want her to be with Mao, she could become one of those people that are all about Mao. If she did become a red successor she could go against her own family one day. I dont want something like that to happen.

4. Question:

No comments: